Here is a cheat sheet for Payment Information from Medicare or CMS on the Timeline of your MU attestations. Based upon the following table when you started your attestation you will be receiving the payment for year 2015 and 2016.
- Demonstrate 90 days of Stage 1 of meaningful use in 2012
- 2012 Maximum Payment: $18,000.00
- Demonstrate a full year of Stage 1 of meaningful use in 2013
- 2013 Maximum Payment: $12,000.00
- Demonstrate 3 months* of Stage 2 of meaningful use in 2014
- 2014 Maximum Payment: $8,000.00
- Demonstrate a full year of Stage 2 of meaningful use in 2015
- 2015 Maximum Payment: $4,000.00
- Demonstrate a full year of Stage 3 of meaningful use in 2016
- 2015 Maximum Payment: $2,000.00
If you successfully demonstrate meaningful use each year, your total payment amount could be as much as $44,000.
*All Medicare providers will demonstrate 3 months on the quarter of meaningful use in 2014, no matter the stage of meaningful use.
Feel free to consult us if you need help for your MU Attestations in year 2015 and 2016. Please download this Guide to learn how you can achieve MU incentive for year 2015.